Research Assistant (f/m/d) for the project “IDEAL” at the research group Applied Statistics and Biometrics
At the University of Bremen, Faculty 3 (Mathematics/Computer Science), the research group Applied Statistics and Biometrics under the direction of Prof. Dr. Werner Brannath is looking for a position – subject to job approval – of a Research assistant (f/m/d) with 75% of the regular working hours, charge group TV-L 13 for the duration of 3 years, as soon as possible.
Our team investigates and develops statistical methods for clinical trials and studies in health sciences, among others. We also form the Biometrics Department of the Competence Centre for Clinical Studies Bremen (KKBS), where we conduct interdisciplinary research with partners from the medical and health sciences.
The successful applicant will work as member of a team on the project “Intelligent Digital Guidelines Editor” (IDEAL) which is held jointly by the BIPS, the Fraunhofer MEVIS and the University of Bremen. The aim of the project is to adapt and improve clinical decision guidelines with a particular focus on a stepwise generation of evidence from multiple, already existing data sources (e.g. electronic health records) with an extension of sequential and adaptive design methodology to retrospective observational studies. In addition, we plan to combine this with bias analyses and meta-analytic approaches to explore the limitations of clinical trials in light of new guidelines and evidence.
The position offers the opportunity for a doctorate and the possibility to work in a methodological and applied research cooperation.
The holder of the post is expected to carry out the following tasks within the scope of his/her activity:
- Participation in the the project “Intelligent Digital Guidelines Editor” (IDEAL).
- Working on an own research topic within the minimum scope of a three-year doctorate
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses which are related to the own research
- Active participation in project proposals concerning the own research topic
- Participation in organizing seminars, conferences and workshops
- A university degree (university diploma/master’s degree) in mathematics, statistics or biometrics with above-average results
- Ability to work in a structured and independent manner
- Strong team and communication skills
- Interest in the theoretical and numerical development of statistical methods
- Interest in participating in applied research projects
- Interest in a doctorate at the Faculty 3 of the University of Bremen
- Good previous knowledge and experience with statistical or mathematical software, preferably with R or SAS
Preference is given to applicants who have previous knowledge relevant to the project goals, e.g. clinical trials, adaptive designs, causal inference and/or the development of clinical decision guidelines.
The university aims to increase the proportion of women in the scientific field and therefore strongly encourages women to apply. Severely disabled applicants will be given priority if their professional and personal aptitude is essentially equal. Applications from people with a migration background are welcomed.
For further questions: Prof. Dr. Werner Brannath, Tel. (0421) 218-63781
Applications with the usual documents should be sent by February 1st,2022, quoting the reference number A331/21, to
University of Bremen
Competence Center for Clinical Studies Bremen/Biometry
Prof. Dr. Werner Brannath
Linzer Str. 4
or by mail to brannathuni-bremen.de.
Please send us only copies of your application documents (no folders), as we cannot return them.
(You can also find the above information at https://www.uni-bremen.de/en/university/the-university-as-an-employer/job-vacancies-1/job/1191?cHash=21cf8bdf77a3f3143c981b5b200308bf)